Designed by Heather Bailey, Fresh Picked Pincushions includes the designs and patterns for 5 pincushions; a pear, apple, tomato and a strawberry in two sizes. Which one would you like to grace your sewing room ?
Every seamstress needs a beautiful pincushion and these pincushions designed by Heather Bailey fit the bill. Add some sweetness to your sewing studio with a fruit sald of pincushions - five designs included. Fresh picked pincushions can be used as decorations, oranments or sachets - and they make great presents too!.
Pear Apple or tomato
- 8 inches wide by 8 inches high fabric
- 8 inches by 8 inches contrast fabric
- 16 inches by 8 inches light-weight fusible interfacing
- wool or woll-lend felt scraps for leaves & stems M/li>
- Embroidery thread for leaf viens (pear and apple only)
- Doll-maker's needle (apple & tomato only)
- Two 3/4 inche buttons (tomato only)
(small or large)
- 8 inches wide by 5 inches high fabric
- Wool or wool-blend felt scraps for leaves and optional flower
- 1/4 yard ribbon 1/8 inch - 3/8 inches wide (loop option)
- fabric glue
Pear Apple or tomato pincushions can be made with 0ne fabric, with two alternating fabrics or with six different fabrics. The materials list and enclosed instructions are for pincushions made with two alternating fabrics.
Suitable fabrics include quilt weight cotton, light weight decorator fabric, corduroy, velveteen and other light medium-weight woven fabrics. Wool or wool-blend felt may be used in interfaced as outlined in the pattern instructions. do not use stretchy fabrics such as wovens with stretchy lycra content or knits.
Stuffing options include; standard polyester stuffing material, crushed walnuts, emery powder, wool shavings or a combination of these.