Dress up your wardrobe with the smart and stylish Marlo Bloom handbag. Hidden magnets in the handles make your bag a snap to reverse. And the Marlo Bloom handbag is perfect for toting hand-work, such as knitting, applique, or embroidery.
**Includes pattern & instructions for a reversible handbag and a decorative flower pin**
Every pattern includes comprehensive, professionally-illustrated instructions, along with additional construction tips, a pattern-specific glossary and a metric conversion chart for international customers.
- • 1/2 yd main fabric*
- • 1/3 yd lining fabric* for reverse
- • 1/3 yd interfacing (fleece interfacing preferred, muslin, or light-weight canvas), 44/45” wide
- • 1/4 yd extra heavy-weight inaterfacing (such as Peltex™ or Timtex™) double-sided fusible preferred, but not necessary, 18”+ wide
- • 3 yds fusible web, 3/8” wide, or fabric glue (only needed if extra heavy-weight interfacing above is non-fusible)
- • Seam sealant (like Fray Check™ - follow manufacturer’s directions)
- • 2 super heavy-duty craft magnets, 1/2”-3/4” wide (super strong, thin, metal ones)
- • Thread
- • 1/8 yd fabric for Outer Petals
- • 1/8 yd fabric for Inner Petals
- • 1 large button, 30mm+ (approx. 1 1/4”)
- • 2” x 4” felt scrap for Flower back
- • 2” x 2” felt scrap for Flower center (optional)
- • Sew-on pin back or safety pin
- • Thread
Pins, scissors, iron, hand-sewing needles, ruler, seam ripper
* Suitable fabrics include quilting-weight cotton or light-weight decorator fabric.