The Birdie Sling, bag sewing pattern designed by Amy Butler.
This is a great sewing pattern for beginners it is easy to make.
It has modern styling with dynamic proportions, which will make this one of your favourite carry-all bags
Remember to allow extra fabric yardage for matching or centring a design on the fabric.
If using 44 inch wide light to mid-weight fabric allow
- 1 1/8 yards for the exterior
- 1 1/8 yards of a coordinating fabric for the bands and handles
- 1 1/18 yards of a 3rd coordinating fabric for the lining
- 3 1/2 yards of 20 inch wide woven fusible interfacing(European equivalent = Vilene fusible woven G700 Link)
Please note that Vilene interfacing is 90cm wide (approximately 35 inches)
If using wide heavier mid-weight fabric (ex. Amy's home dec weight)
- 5/8 yard for the exterior
- 1 1/8 yards of a coordinating fabric for the lining
- 3 yards of 20 inch wide woven fusible interfacing
(we use SF-101 by Pellon) (European equivalent = Vilene woven fusible G700 Link)
For either weight fabric you will need;
- 1/2 yards of 44 inch wide fusible fleece (Vilene fusible fleece - Link)
- 1 spool of coordinatin all purpose thread (we use Coats Dual duty Plus)
Finished size 28 inches tall including Handles x 18 inches wide.